Guide to Standard EN511:2006 Infographic
The European Standard EN511:2006 provides data for gloves that give protection from cold.
The EN511 testing provides data of glove performance against convective and contact cold down to -50°C, as well as water permeability.
The Health and Safety Executive provide advice to those working in cold environments:
- Ensure the personal protective equipment (PPE) issued is appropriate [tweet this]
- Provide mobile facilities for warming up [tweet this]
- Encourage the drinking of warm fluids [tweet this]
- Introduce more frequent rest breaks [tweet this]
- Educate workers about recognising the early symptoms of cold stress [tweet this]